Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Hot Beans

Oh man it is still hot. Its nearly October and we have had a string of 95+ degree days. If you are in Alaska or somewhere cold I apologize for complaining, but seriously... enough already! The garden is a little confused... we have volunteer tomato & sunflower seedlings all over the place ready to go for a whole new season. We both keep wondering how long this weather will keep up... we could have sunflowers all over again! Anyhow, first batch of my favorite, Christmas Lima Beans courtesy of our sweet neighbors. I was SO excited. Ours are still on the vine and probably have another week or two before I can pick them. X-mas Limas are an old heirloom of giant lima bean. They are really delicious in soups and a real garden treat in the dead of winter. (not that we are actually having winter this year... :) ) I will post  the pics of ours when they are dry but in the meantime, check these pretties out:


Also, I have been meaning to write a little bit about my trip to NYC for my show, but haven't had much time. A lot has been going on here & getting caught up at school has been occupying a lot of my time! But soon! I will post more. Until then J & I were just interviewed by our friend STO of Cinders (www.cindersgallery.com) for the ReadyMade blog: 

http://www.readymade.com/blog/craft/2010/09/24/painting_naturally#comments

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of fall. More soon!

1 comment:

Gecko said...

Hey Allyson. We would like to show some of your drawings in our mag - but we can't find your email.

Please contatc us in

redacao@zupi.com.br

... then we can talk more!

Cheers,